Monday, July 5, 2010

If I can't eat it, I don't feed it to my baby

Jarred baby food: Gagggggg!!! I can almost tell what the original food was. Perhaps if I had been there at the start of production, when the sweet potatoes still had their gnarly skin. But I've tasted dabs of this and glops of that. In that mire, whatever happened removed whatever taste was supposed to be there.

Also, I don't have a lot of time. Next month, I return part time to my postdoc as an environmental geochemist. I write and rewrite science articles during my baby's naptimes.

AND NOW this blog: There is a lack of resources for people who want to eat healthy and feed their babies good meals at the same time.

Meals described here will be:

1) core ingredients for baby meals will be based on what the adults are eating

2) organic- no pesticides. Our children cannot afford to be exposed to them, environmental pollutants stick around for a while. Why willingly put them in our bodies;

3) easy/fast to prepare

4) ingredients may be substituted (to improve meal cost/ or work with seasonal ingredients, or help those that live in the boonies far, far, away from city shopping)

My next post will be a recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    You have two #2 and the second one is a repeat of #1. You need to do a little editing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny- just figuring out the editing...

    ReplyDelete